Program Manager & Assistant - Startup Training Programs & Acceleration
AltCity is looking for a ROCKSTAR Program Manager (and Program Manager Assistant) to help develop and run social impact startup training activities, including intensive training and workshop activities, startup accelerator activities, mentorship support, and more. AltCity runs intensive rapid startup development programs that help teams go from idea to investment in the shortest amount of time possible.
These are full-time positions with flexible hours. Candidates must be able (and excited!) to work some nights and weekends, depending on activities, events, projects, and deadlines.
PROGRAM MANAGER Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage partner engagement for startup outreach/recruitment, trainings, and downstream support for startups
- Manage startup selection process (with key stakeholders / decision makers committee)
- Develop detailed specific calendar for startup programs, based heavily on existing AltCity training programs
- Arrange trainers, mentors, and logistics for all startup training sessions
- Oversee communications with startup teams
- Lead the coordination of a small number of key events on behalf of AltCity (launch events, demo days, etc)
- Oversee junior staff and interns, and work in collaboration with colleagues, who will be supporting logistics and other activities related to high-quality deliver of the above list of responsibilities
- Attend programmatic meetings for program and represent AltCity Impact
- Provide period reporting to management on agreed upon KPIs and deliverables
PROGRAM ASSISTANT Roles and Responsibilities:
- Being a rockstar supporter to the PROGRAM MANAGER above.
PROGRAM MANAGER REQUIREMENTS:
- High proficiency level and knowledge in various aspects of business creation
- Thorough understanding of business management and organizational development
- Be an articulate presenter and clear communicator
- Have strong understanding and ability to deliver high quality trainings in some component of the startup process, and oversee delivery of training/support activities by others
- Be enthusiastic about working with early-stage and aspiring social impact entrepreneurs
- Enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Be passionate about social impact startups, and startup trends worldwide, especially in the tech, knowledge-based, media, creative, and social impact sectors
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
PROGRAM ASSISTANT REQUIREMENTS:
- As close as possible to the requirements above, with minimum 2 years of relevant work experience.
Flexible hours, plus other standard benefits (medical, social security, unlimited vacation days (as agreed with supervisor)) when position converts to a full-time post and as qualified candidate demonstrates capacities.
6-month consultancy contract, to be reviewed and renewed based on performance, with the aim of converting into a regular ongoing post.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!